Gnocchis in a mushroom pan
Homemade gnocchis are not just super tasty, but they are a great gluten free alternative to noodles, rice or potatoes as well. And since it’s mushroom time I thought…
mmmmhhhhhhh…….. What about a simple, tasty gnocchi meal combined wit an amazing mushroom pan? Great and this is the recipe I would like to introduce you to today. A super tasty meal for your soul ♥
Let’s start to cook.
How did you like this soul food? If you want, leave a comment below ♥
Enjoy and have a lovely day, Micha
Gnocchi rounds in a mushroom pan
for the mushroom pan:
- 500g fresh and mixed mushrooms *cleaned and sliced*
- 1 onion *Peel and dice*
- 1 clove of garlic *Peel and chop*
- 2 sticks of fresh rosemary *Pluck off the needles and chop them with a sharp knife
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea slat
- Some fresh nutmeg
- Fresh pepper from the mill
- 250ml rice cuisine *Optional: Soy cream, or 200ml if normal cream if tolerated
2 extra tablespoons of vegan butter *You’ll need them at the end* If you tolerate normal butter feel free to use it.
Let’s start with the gnocchis.
- Slowly boil up water in a pot.
- Peel the potatoes while they are hot and process them through a potato press into a bowl.
- Add the potato flour, the yolks, spice and mix all the ingredients into a dough. *You’ll see that the potato dough will have a great consistency and that it will not stick to your hands in the end. If this should still be the case, simply add some more potato flour.*
- Spread some more potato flour over your working surface, take 100g of dough and form it into a roll thick as a your thump.
- Now take a sharp knife, cut off 2-3 cm big pieces and slightly press the rounds with your middle finger flat.
- Continue this until you’ve used up all the dough.
- Put the gnocchis into the boiling water and let them simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
“Gnocchis are ready as soon as they start to swim on the surface*. Afterwards take the potato rounds out of the water and place them on a plate.
And now let’s continue with the mushroom pan;-)
- Heat up some oil in a pan*not hotter than 180° add the onions and brown them within.
- Now add the mushrooms and continue to brown everything.
- Add the garlic and the chopped rosemary, wait a moment and deglaze with the cream.
- Add some spices and keep it warm.
- Take another pan, melt the butter and turn the gnocchi rounds within. Now add the rounds to the mushroom pan, stir and serve as hot as possible. I’m curious now.