*My absolute favorite-sauce*
I bet that many people never heard the name Chimichurri in their entire lives. And yet, this Argentinien, green-spicy sauce is one of the best in my opinion.
And I really think that you should try it out.
You can serve this tasty and spirited sauce with grilled beef, other meat and fish or as a marinate for vegetables.
There are so many ways to enjoy this delicious Chimichurri sauce. It even works well as a spread on a freshly toasted slice of bread – or as a kind of pesto with pasta. Tasty! Oh or try it with baked potatoes and a small salad. Simply fantastic! And regarding my Chimichurri… You have probably noticed that I am a passionate chef and that I will work hard on any recipe, sending my taste buds on a rollercoaster until I am 100% satisfied with the outcome;-)
And this is exactly what I did with this recipe! It really turned out to be divine!
A little tip: The Chimichurri will taste even better if you let it infuse for a few hours.
Afterwards you can eventually season it a little bit more and that’s about it.
In addition you will need a so called “Moulinette” in order to chop the ingredients.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 red chili
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 tablespoon of fresh oregano
- 1/2 lime
- 150ml best olive oil *extra virgin*
- 1 tea spoon of lime syrup *optional rice syrup*
- Some sea salt
- Fresh pepper from the mill
- Peel and quarter the garlic cloves.
- Dice the peppers
- Peel and dice the onion
- Chop the chilis
- Clean the coriander and parsley, shake them dry and pluck off the leaves.
- Give all the dry ingredients into a blender , slowly add the oil and the lime syrup and start to blend all ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.